Friday 2 March 2012

Calm & Chaos in Cornwall

We arrived in Cornwall seven days ago, the van loaded with dogs, food and art materials and thanks to a generous artist friend we had no worries about where to stay as she was lending us her house while she went off to the far east.

THE PLAN; rest, eat and be inspired by the quintessentially creative Cornish landscape.

And so far I have achieved two out of three. On the third count of being inspired I am disappointed by my inability to get past the cliches. I have not tired of amazing views of the sea as we drop down into Watergate Bay or the quaint charm of old style fishing villages like Fowey and Mevagissey. I appreciate that their survival relies on tuning into the essential income from tourists and have enjoyed browsing the endless little windows of decorative nautical paraphernalia and local art before choosing a trendy cafe for tea or latte.
I have yet to justify the cost of fish and chips or a cream tea (things I was looking forward to) or buy any trinkets, preferring to eat packed lunches and beachcomb for souvenirs and spend our limited budget on fuel exploring.

But most of all I am still searching for the elusive emotional response....lets see what today brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment